Saturday, July 2, 2011

Guest Post : Julie Anne Lindsey



Hey guys, Today is a guest post by my friend and author Julie Anne Lindsey, i love this girl she is sooo bubbly and just plain awesomesause, her novella BLOOM will be out in 2012,  with our further book mystressish babble, Julie Anne Lindsey






Bio:
Mama, wifey, reader, writer, blogger, hopelessly addicted to YA, caffeine, social media & Poptarts



How My YA Obsession Landed Me a Romance Gig
First, I want to thank the Book Mystress for having me over to her blog. I’m so excited to be here it’s ridic. I have tons of fun tweeting with her on twitter and when she asked me to stop by I was truly honored. The blog is so cute and I adore YA too – which is how this post came to be – so this is *perfect*.


Now on to the rambling…
I am YA obsessed. Stephanie Plum novels aside, I read YA exclusively and at an alarming rate. Despite my “real” life and my writing obsession, three kids, two homeschooling, and believe it or not a real social life with actual people LOL, I still rip through a new YA every day or two.
I hope to one day call myself a YA author. In fact, my newest work – which the Mystress had a peek at some time back- is out on subs right now at some UNBELIEVEABLE-SMACK-MY-FACE-AWESOME publishers.

I’d never considered writing romance until last winter. I loved YA so much I couldn’t imagine writing anything else…and then I saw a page on the Turquoise Morning Press website announcing a new line of books to come. Honey Creek books.

Honey Creek books will come in varied genres and feature the same small town in Ohio, share secondary characters and all basic elements of the town. I re-read the TMP page twice from pure glee. Writing for Honey Creek seemed too good to be true. I was born and raised in rural Ohio where I now am raising my three small children. I know Ohio. I AM Ohio. So, I set out to write a book that turned heads. The problem was, every time I thought about the town, teens didn’t seem to run the show. In my mind it was a great place for broken hearts to heal, for those running to hide, and a place for love to bloom. So I got busy writing my first romance, BLOOM.
When it was accepted, I fell right off my couch.
I’ve discovered a new freedom in writing sweet romance. I get to include all my favorite aspects of YA, like the incredible chemistry and tension between characters, humor, angst, the heat of first touches and bitterness of perceived loss. PLUS because it’s not YA, I can skip the background noise that is the YA’s parents and focus on the drama at hand. No high school doldrums either. A win-win situation for this writer.
Now, every time I sit down to write another Honey Creek book, my heart lights up. I know the town like it’s my own. In many ways it is. Ohio is a great place to live and Honey Creek is where I’d move immediately if only it were real. I’m currently working on my third sweet romance for Honey Creek and my novella BLOOM will launch the new line in February 2012!

While I’m talking Honey Creek, I thought I’d share the blurb.

From my upcoming novella, BLOOM


In a town filled with her past, she never expected to find her future…


Seven years ago Cynthia left Honey Creek with a broken heart. Three years ago Mitchell arrived with one. Now Cynthia’s come home, and these two hardened hearts can’t stop arguing. If they’d take a break long enough to find some common ground, they might be surprised to find love can grow anywhere.


If they’ll let it, love will find a way to Bloom.



Thanks again for letting me ramble at the Book Mystress blog. I’ve had a blast and I hope to come back again sometime soon! Have a great weekend away!
Find me online:
Blogging about writing at Musings from the Slush Pile 
Tweeting!! @JulieALindsey
and devouring good books on GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by