Taken from Jennifer's blog
I like to read lots of stuff! Right now my favorites are paranormal, romance, and dystopian (and anything in between). I read young adult and adult books. I even read kids books with my daughter, so sometimes a review of her books will pop up on here too.
I don't do reality- that's for my real life! :) I almost always read fiction. Once in a while I might read something "real", but I prefer reading to be an escape.
Ten Fictional Characters that Rock the Supporting Role:
When I first started to write about my top ten non-main characters, I thought that it would be an easy topic. Um, wrong! It turns out that there are many supporting characters that are awesome. In fact, I could have constructed the list from the Harry Potter series alone! As hard as it was, I feel like I narrowed it down to the ones that mean the most to me. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Luna Lovegood – The Harry Potter SeriesI just love Luna. She’s quirky and totally not afraid to be her weird little self. I think I shall make my life’s goal to be more like Luna Lovegood.
2. The Weasleys – The Harry Potter SeriesI’m going to cheat and say the whole Weasley clan. It makes me teary-eyed thinking about how they love Harry and count him as one of their own.
3. Rue – The Hunger GamesHonestly, how could I NOT include Rue? She was kind and selfless and just … Rue. The Hunger Games would not have been the same without her.
4. Alice – The Twilight SeriesI wish Alice could be my best friend! She’s sweet and spunky. The whole Cullen clan rocks my socks off, but Alice holds a special place in my heart.
5. Bella’s Dad, Charlie –The Twilight SeriesOh, Charlie. He’s just so unsure, but loves Bella so much. I think the fact that he’s so accepting of his daughter at the end of the series cements my love for him.
6. Severus Snape – The Harry Potter SeriesWhen I asked my bookish friends on twitter who their favorite supporting characters were, everyone who answered said Severus Snape. I have to agree! He’s amazing, in so many ways.
7. Hagrid – The Harry Potter Series.I just love the guy! I smile to myself whenever Hagrid comes around when I’m reading. I love his accent and his love for creatures. This list would not be complete for me if I didn’t include him.
8. Cinna – the Hunger GamesHe didn’t have a huge role in the books, but he had a huge impact. How can I not include the person who made the whole world embrace Katniss as the Girl on Fire?
9. Neville Longbottom –The Harry Potter SeriesI don’t think I need to explain why I love him so much. He’s just such a great person and friend.
10. The Cullens – The Twilight SagaYes, I cheated on this one, too. I already included Alice (she’s so great, she deserves her own recognition), but the whole clan is just awesome. This is going to sounds cheesy, but as I was reading I became so attached to them, it was like they were now a part of my family!
Yes, I realize that I only chose characters from Harry Potter, Twilight, and the Hunger Games. At first, it bothered me that I could only seem to think of these three books, but then I thought that maybe that’s why I love these three series so much! There are tons of books out there that have main characters that I love, but these books gave me supporting characters that I grew attached to just as much as the main ones.
So there you go! Those are my top non-main characters. I’d love to hear some of yours!