Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Review: Pistol Daisy by Natalia Leigh


                                                         What's it about?

The year is 1880, and outlaw gangs roam the West.
When Daisy Allen’s family is brutally murdered by the infamous Hopkins gang, she’s left with two options: drown in a bottle of whiskey and grief, or saddle up and hunt the killers down. Accompanied by strangers in pursuit of the same outlaws, Daisy takes to the Colorado plains with an old revolver and a hunger for revenge. But the Hopkins gang isn’t easily found, and as their pockets run dry and the trail goes cold, Daisy and her companions may be at the end of the road. She must learn how to survive in this dangerous world of outlaws and gunslingers, or her only chance at avenging her family may be lost.

Don’t miss Whiskey City, the next book in Daisy’s cutthroat quest for revenge.



Disclaimer: I was given an ARC copy of Pistol Daisy in exchange of an honest review. 

Review: I’ve been wanting to read the work of Natalia Leigh for sometime now. I’ve had her previous novel Song of The Dryad on my wish list for a while but when the request for review was made I jumped at the chance to see if Natalia’s work was everything I had built it up to be in my mind. I’m delighted to say I wasn’t disappointed. 
I received my E-copy of Pistol Daisy in mid-May. When I saw it was on my kindle, I opened it up (like I do with most books I receive) to read the first couple of pages to get a feel of the story and how it’s written. I had every intention to just read the first chapter, maybe the second. The next time I looked up from the pages, it was 45% through the novel. I took a couple of days off to finish the book I was currently reading. When I picked Pistol Daisy up, I finished it just a few hours later.
Pistol Daisy is an extremely captivating novel. I felt deep sorry for Daisy as she endured the events thrust upon her through out this journey. I came to admire her for fighting through the travesties put in front of her to at each turn she took and becoming a strong willed character that can stand up to the gnarliest men. 
Natalia Leigh’s writing is seamless. You can tell that a lot of research, thought and time has gone in to sewing together such a fine piece of art. 
I thoroughly enjoyed Pistol Daisy. Since reading I have managed to get my hands on Song of The Dryad and will be reading that as soon as I can in hope it will be able to tied me over until I can read more in Daisy’s journey in the upcoming sequel, Whiskey City.  

Interested? Check Pistol Daisy out on Goodreads for all the places to purchase it from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by