Saturday, September 28, 2019

Review: Kissing Coffins by Ellen Shreiber

11393208What's it about?
Not far from Dullsville, someone's lurking in the dark. . . .
After meeting the handsome and shadowy Alexander Sterling, goth-girl Raven's dark world has a bright, new glow. But as in her favourite movie, "Kissing Coffins," Raven knows that love always has its complications, especially when Alexander has a big secret to guard.
When Alexander suddenly disappears, Raven leaves Dullsville to begin a dangerous search to find him. Can she stay safe, no matter who--or what--she encounters on the way?
My Review: 

I enjoy vampire books but have not read one in a long time. Kissing Coffins was a good book to pick up to rekindle my obsession.
I read Vampire Kisses a long time ago, so when I jumped into Kissing Coffins I was jumping relatively blind and by blind I mean I couldn’t even remember the main characters name. Never the less, Kissing Coffins follows Raven Maddison’s heartbreak as her vampire boyfriend Alexander skips town leaving no reason and no clue behind. That is until she gets a clue to travel to a neighbouring city where we meet Jagger who is a vampire on a mission of his own.
This was a very short quick read for me, I don’t know if that was the style of the writing or the new pills the Dr put me on two days ago. 
The novel lacks a lot of the gore and manipulation that I enjoy in my vampire reads but with the near-perfect way the cliches were written it made up a little for the lack of blood spilt.
I did enjoy Kissing Coffins but I wouldn’t really call it ‘Young Adult” maybe more middle grade? That’s nothing on the author’s writing. Ellen Schreiber wrote a captivating story and I will most likely continue the series once I get my hands on the next books. I just think it would have been better marketed towards a younger audience.
Kissing Coffins was a nice read for a lazy Saturday evening and an even lazier Sunday morning, I gave it three stars on Goodreads, would have given a three and a half if I could have. I recommend it for people who like vampire teenage romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by