Saturday, March 16, 2013

Interview with Kim Faulks



Raised on a staple diet of Stephen King and Dean Koontz I fell in love with the darker styles of writing. I started writing at a young age but quickly realised that I lacked an important ingredient, life experience.

Now I have this in spades.

I am firstly a Mum and a wife and second an Author of Dark Fantasy/Horror, although sometimes I'm sure my family feels it's the other way around. I live in Queensland Australia and work full-time. Writing is my passion and a dream and I'd love to share it with you.


1. Tell us a little about your book.

Well, my next novel is, End of Dreams, Book One of The Immortal Destiny Series which will be released at the end of next month is a Dark Fantasy novel. It centers on my two main characters, Adley and Eve. The below blurb probably covers it better than anything I can come up with:

End of Dreams, Book One of The Immortal Destiny - a heart-pounding, dark paranormal novel which that will tip you off the edge of your seat...

An ancient prophecy is coming to fulfillment and events are being played out across the globe by two opposing factions of immortal beings. The fragile, divine balance of all things is at stake, and the world is the ultimate prize.

Drawn into this battle are two unlikely players - Eve, a young woman whose unexpected pregnancy has brought her to unwanted immortal attention, and Adley, a brave detective whose desire for justice against a vicious madman has thrown him into a brutal game of cat and mouse.

Against a background of universe changing events and an ensemble of vivid, unforgettable characters Eve and Adley will begin to learn the truth of The Immortal Destiny.

2. How did you come up with the title?

The title for the series came to me pretty well straight away, but the title for book one was a little harder to find.

3. What inspired you to write this book?

The inspiration for this book came from a short story I wrote a while ago. I had a vision that it was more than the few thousand words it started out as and I wasn’t wrong. It’s now over 90,000 words!

4. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I would love readers to come away with the sharing the love of my characters, the love for each other and the love for complete strangers. There are those that sacrifice everything for the idea that the world will be better, that there will be something to leave for the generations to come. This story was written with them in mind.


5. Do you have a favorite line or scene from your latest release?

I have so many, but one character in this story has touched me on so many levels, so I will share her with you:

The Angel Azarel has come, Rashda. It is time.

Rashda closed her eyes, exhaled and opened herself up to her gift of a Seer once more. The words of The Mistress of Shadows rang true inside her heart. The resonance of those words had watched over her for hundreds of years, now they were about to come true.

A vision of the Angel Azarel appeared before her, his presence alone demanding. His body was made of flesh and bones. A mortal’s body. Although like hers, this was far from the truth. His wings spanned the breadth of the tunnel behind him. The rustling of feathers sounded like whispers, enticing her closer with the secrets they held. Death rode on those black wings. Death, destruction, and ultimately creation, as the prophecy foretold. A prophecy she had guarded alone for hundreds of years, but not anymore. That time has now ended and the battle of survival begun.

Rashda turned away from the vision, instead reaching out to touch the words of the prophecy. She ran her fingers over the words carved into the heart of The Mountain Lythe while the angel waited before her. Flesh and Blood against Eternal Life. The war for survival will be fierce and many will fall. But be warned, that when the dust settles only one will remain.

The language had been carved by hands that were no longer of this world and had not been for many lifetimes. How she wished she could have known them, those bloody, calloused hands that spent so many years gouging into this unforgiving rock, desperate to convey this message. This message had now come to life and he stood before her now. Rashda could only hope that The Family would survive.

6. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I loved the idea of writing from a younger age. I tried it and failed. I didn’t think about it until a few years ago when my husband encouraged me to join a local writers group. I started writing and haven’t stopped.

7. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I’d have to say Stephen King was my most influential writer. Is work really grabbed me in the way that he can draw the reader in with stunning descriptions and a seemingly effortless array of fantastic characters.

8. Have you published anything else?

I have self-published a few titles, The Fire and Ice Series consists of: Reclaimed (which is free on Amazon) Seductive Sands, Enslaved and Emergence. I will be writing the last installment in this series this year some time. I also have Hells Angel which was my first Dark Urban Fantasy novel.

9. What’s next for you? / What is your next project?

I have lots happening. End of Dreams will be released next month and I will start editing my next novel, The Secrets Room which is a stand-alone Dark Fantasy novel. I’m in the process of writing the first draft on an Erotic Pagan novel with the plans to make this into a series as well. This novel will be published through Naughty Nights Press.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I’d just like to say thank you. Thank you for support, your love and well wishes. Thank you for your friendship and the messages I receive. I honestly didn’t know if what I write was something that people would love and connect with. And I am so glad to see readers who love my work reach out and tell me that they have. I value each and every one of you and my friends list grows by the day!

Connect with :

Facebook 


Website: 


Twitter: 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by