Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: A Blue So Dark By Holly Schindler

A Blue So Dark

A blue So Dark - Holly Schindler 

Paperback
277 Pages, 
The Book Depository

Goodreads Synopsis:

Fifteen-year-old Aura Ambrose has been hiding a secret. Her mother, a talented artist and art teacher, is slowly being consumed by schizophrenia, and Aura has been her sole caretaker ever since Aura's dad left them. Convinced that "creative" equals crazy, Aura shuns her own artistic talent. But as her mother sinks deeper into the darkness of mental illness, the hunger for a creative outlet draws Aura toward the depths of her imagination. Just as desperation threatens to swallow her whole, Aura discovers that art, love, and family are profoundly linked—and together may offer an escape from her fears.




My Review:


I have read alot of reviews saying the first thing that drew them to the book was the cover, not for me, while the cover is amazing and fits the story perfectly the thing that drew me to the book was the synopsis. The Story of a young girl looking after her mother intreagued me and made me think about my own mother, i love her and she loves me and we look after each other and that is how i should be. but this story had me realize that it isnt quite so. 
Holly Schindler craft this novel so well. It did take me a while to read because i was going through some tremendous times in my personal life but i think, thinking back this novel helped me alot. helped me hide away in some one elses dramas, it got me back in to reading again, once i was ready and i think Aura and i did a lot of healing together.
I love the ocean aspect in this novel i think the ocean is a great metaphor in so many ways. 
Aura is brave, and Holly is brave for getting in her head, and creating her world.
A big thing i liked about this book was that at the beginning of each chapter there was a little fact about Schizophrenia and some times of those facts made me wonder about some people i know. 
Please do read this book, i recommend it 1000000%









2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by