Thursday, June 16, 2011

Introducing Jesyka James; New Temp Reviewer @TheBookMystress




Okay, my name is Jesyka James, I have a blog called 'From The Insane Asylum Of...' As of yet I haven't done any reviews on it, it's mostly a personal page. I do some reviews for GoodReads occasionally though. TheBookMystress has asked me to do a few reviews on her blog during her absence. I hope you all don't mind. I'll try to live up to her standards :) Please bear with me, and feel free to ask any questions or make any suggestions, I will not be offended.

She has also asked me to answer a few questions so that all you readers can get to know me a little. Hopefully my answers help you to understand my extreme craziness.




1. What do you love about reading? Well, I love that, if it’s a good enough book, I can become completely lost in it, and find myself in a place so beautiful that I never want the book to end.

2. Where is your favorite place to read? It used to be Gloria Jean’s in Borders, but since they closed that down, I would say probably at home, in bed.

3. What made you want to review for TBM? Well, I’ve been a friend of TheBookMystress for a while now and I knew she needed some help with it because she’s been going through a tough time, so when she asked me if I could help out I thought it would be a great opportunity to do some reviews and help out a friend.

4. Do you eat when reading? Mostly no. I hate getting food stains or crumbs on my books, so I try not to eat when I’m reading, but sometimes I give in if I can’t put the book down and have to eat.

5. Do you listen to music when reading? Almost always, usually I have an album for each book I read. And then when I listen to that album again, I can remember all my favorite parts of the book I read when I listened to it.

6. Wierdest thing you have ever used as a bookmark? Hmm… My dogs tail. Sounds weird, I know. But she was asleep next to me in bed and I needed a bookmark, so I put her tail (just the really long furry bit) in my book to hold the place until I found a bookmark.

7. Do you read cereal boxes? No, I don’t think I do. I don’t eat cereal, so I don’t come across cereal boxes often. I think I used to do the puzzles on the back of the box as a kid, but that’s it.

8. Say something about Monique. Monique, well… I’ve known her for a LONG time. Since we were 10, I think. We were best friends all through High School, we lived together for a while. I pretty much know all of her bad habits, and she knows all mine and we still manage to get by without killing each other. Hehe. I don’t think I’ve ever met a more loyal, loving person though. She loves her family, her pets, and her friends more than anything. She is a genuinely great person, and no, she is not holding a gun to my head forcing me to say these things *blinks*
She has had a passion for writing since the day I met her. In High School you never saw her without her GIANT folder full of a bunch of stories. But mostly she just wrote the one story, she still hasn’t finished it, and it goes for… Christ only knows how many pages. I think it would rival War and Peace though. Hehe.
I know she didn’t really start reading books until later in her teens/early twenties, but I know once she found a genre that she loved and some great authors she got bitten by the bug and now loves to read and do reviews so that other people can find out more about great books.

9. How many books do you read in a month? Wow, this is a hard question. Some months I can read as many as 10-15 books, but others I can slack off and only read 4-5.

10. Random Fact? Hmm, random fact… I love quotes. I’m like that weird person that walks around quoting Gandhi or Ralph Waldo Emerson all the time. I also end most of my blog’s with a quote.









This or That



Bookmark or dogear? Bookmark, I can’t stand dogearing.

Smarties or M&MS? M&M

Cats or Dogs? Hmm… I have dogs, and I love my dogs, but I am a cat person at heart.

Vampires or Werewolfs? Vampires, gotta love the fangs ;)

Mexico or Sydney? I really love Mexican food, but gotta go with the home field, Sydney.

Rain or Heat? Rain, all the way. Nothing better than a rainy day to curl up and read.

Pop or disco? Neither. I’m into indie and alternative music.

George Clooney or Johnny Depp? Johnny Depp, for sure.

Vampire Academy or Vampire Diaries? Hmm… well, I haven’t read all of VD, so I have to go VA.



So I hope you all enjoyed getting a sneak-peek into the crazy mind of me. Can’t wait to get my first review done. I hope you all enjoy my time here. Thanks again to TheBookMystress for hosting me, and lets all hope she feels better soon :)

JesykaJames@TheBookMystress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by