Thursday, January 21, 2021

Review: They Both Die in the End by Adam Silvera

On September 5th, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: they're going to die today. 

Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but for different reasons, they're both looking for a new friend on their End Day. 

The good news: there's an app for that. It's called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure - to live a lifetime in a single day.

My Review: 

‘They Both Die in the End’ by Adam Silvera is another novel that I read in February of 2020, yeah, like I said last time, I’m kind of a little behind.

‘They both die in the end’ follows two boys named Mateo and Rufus in a world where you get a phone call from ‘Death-Cast’ around midnight on the day you are going to die. The story follows the boys as they connect and go through the motions of saying goodbye to their loved ones and… well, as they wait to die.

This was my first time reading an Adam Silvera novel and I will be looking to read some more when I get the opportunity to do so.

The author wrote a novel that pulled you into the book and held you there until it throws you upside down into a swimming pool with a broken heart and a deep worry for how your day is going to end.

 ‘They Both Die in the End’ is filled with suspense and softness.

With the recent loss of my little brother some parts of this book had me sitting with tears streaming down my face… which is rare for me when reading. It also taught me that no matter what we/I did differently on the day that my brother passed nothing I could have or would have done would have changed the outcome.

This novel also taught me to make every moment count especially when it comes to spending time with someone you love.

I gave They Both Die in the End by Adam Silvera 5 stars on Goodreads and recommend it to anyone who wants a gritty, dark, hard-hitting read.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by