Thursday, January 31, 2013

Interview with Rebekah Turner A Harlequin Escape Author


Hey guys to day with have an interview with Rebekah Turner a brand new Author from Harlequin Escape, a new Digital first imprint from Harlequin Australia, I had a chance to ask Rebekah a few questions about her self and her relationship with the new imprint that ever one is talking about, here's what she had to say. 







How are you?

Good thanks!

Tell us about yourself?

I live in Brisbane with my husband, two kids and a highly-strung Boston Terrier. I love writing dark fantasy and romance.

How did you get in to Writing?

I started writing when I was young, maybe around primary school. I loved creating stories and usually drew illustrations to accompany the fantastic tales of magical horses and snarky dragons.
Chaos Born
Do you have any advice for fellow Authors?

Join your local writers group. Get critique from other writers who understand the craft, as well as from your beta readers. Write as much as you can, as often as you can.

Tell us about your up and coming novels?

I’m writing book 2 in The Chronicles of Applecross series. I’m also working on a paranormal romance novella. It’s about an ex-cop who returns to her home town and crosses swords with a disgraced werewolf pack enforcer.

Tell us about your partner ship with Harlequin Escape?

I was one of the launch authors for Escape Publishing. The launch happened in Sydney and it was very exciting. We even had cocktails named after our books!

Was it an easy decision to go with Harlequin escape?

Absolutely. Harlequin is a well known brand and Escape’s publishing model sounded very exciting.

Was it an easy process?

At the 2012 Romance Writers Convention at the Gold Coast. A panel of publishers pitched to the conference on why writers should submit their manuscripts to them. After hearing the Escape editor say they had a two week response time, I jumped at the chance to submit. I got a request for a full very quickly, then an offer of publication after three weeks.

Who are your inspirations?

I get my inspiration from a collection of writers, ranging from Robert E Howard to JR Ward.

What are you currently reading?

The Rook, by Daniel O’Malley

What is the best way for your readers to keep up with you?

I have a webpage where I blog, and can be contacted through. www.rebekahturner.net.

Who are you when you are not writing?

In my past I’ve worked as a graphic designer in the corporate world. I now work part-time and spend rest of the week being a child-wrangler and house-witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by