Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Review: This is Not a Test By Courtney Summers

Huge thank you to ST Martins Press for giving me an ecopy of this novel to review, I really appreciate your support.




 This is Not a Test By Courtney Summers

                                      The Story:
This is Not a Test It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite i

s all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?










The Review:




Having wanted to try - and even buying - other Courtney Summers books i am glad i let this be my first. While there is not so much blood and gore that you would expect out of a book with this synopsis, it still had me on the edge of my seat.

I am willing to read about Vampires any other sort of paranormal being but mention the word Zombie to me and i freak-out.

As you can read in the synopsis the story is one of six kids taken shelter inside their high school. There is an erie comfort in the school, like its furmilar for them i think if i was them and i was stuck in my high school for weeks on end, i would feel comfort in knowing my way around and what was situated where - having said that and our high schools are all spread out not all covered in like this one. -



the novel takes more of a contemp feel then a horror feel at times, which is fine with me, give me comtemp any day of the week. You never for get the Zombies are there, well i never did, in the beginning you are well aware that they are out side.

*shudders*
I love paranormal i swear i do but zombies freak me out. Maybe they'll grow on me.
The characters were built strong, although i would have loved to have seen them a little bit more mature and the ending left me sad and wanted to know what happened, is the world really gone?
This is not a test is a nice read that kept me entertained all the way through but in the end left me asking Please tell me a tiny bit more Ms Summers. I recommend it, but i do not recommend reading it at 3am i think that was my biggest mistake.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to read this one. I love zombie novels! Thanks so much for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, zombies also freak me out - they're gross and I don't fancy myself getting turned into one or getting chased by hundreds of them when a zombie apocalypse do happen. But... I like reading about them and watching movies about zombie apocalypses. I don't why, but the adrenaline, sort-of adventure, and survival scenarios gets to me.

    Good review.

    Btw, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by