Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Clarity - Kim Harrington.

Clarity (Clarity, #1)Clarity – Kim Harrington.
Hardcover, 242 pages
Goodreads Summary
This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.
And a curse.
When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

My Review:
Alright so 20 pages in to Clarity and my thoughts where, “damn this is to obvious,” and I didn’t want to read on, I thought it was dragging and it seemed a little annoying, but then it sucked me in and before I knew it, I was finish, I even asked my little brother where the book went.

That’s when I realized it was a good read!!
It took a turn that I didn’t see coming. I’m not going to spoil anything major, but when the end came and Clare thought “I had all the pieces, I just hadn’t put them all together”, I knew exactly what she meant!!
Kim Harrington’s smooth writing style put hints the whole way through that went over my head and three countries away, if that makes sense (it does to me). 
Now when I look back at the first 20 pages, I kind slap my forehead and call myself an idiot. 
The only bad things I can say about the novel is that there are too many characters. I mean they are all important, but I felt that with all these characters it took away from us getting to know the main characters in any depth. Especially Clare, she seemed very plain, she never took time to tell us what she liked or what she was good at other then eating doughnuts and her gift. 
Clare is very family orientated and loyal to her town, and I like that. 
All in all it was a good read, I wouldn’t call it my favorite book but it was pretty damn good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by